You are here:

Indian Law/regarding labour laws/ employment laws


I'm working with an Indian pharma company as an Area sales manager where I supervise work of a team of medical representative . Recently co. has transferred my services to another state. This was in my opinion is the result of a case where I caught a Med.rep's. false reporting with necessary documents. The med. rep.levelled false charges without any proof.Since co. is an organized co. and there is a lot of interference of the union in all matters which bullies managers every now and then. The company does not have courage to fight  law breakers so every time such people go unpunished without any disciplinary action and on the contrary managers every time are instructed by the top management to patch up and instructed to give good remarks and  appraisal rating( which I had to give in this case as well)  to such employees and suffer self humiliation. I often draw company's attn. to the wrong doings of such people but my immediate boss always sides up with these people and always gives wrong impressions to the higher management.
After receiving my transfer letter I gave a request letter to the company citing my personal health, children's academic careers, and old age parents as reasons for reconsideration of my transfer orders but the company did not reply  for  20 days and when I wrote to them that no communication on their part is taken as approval of my request letter they tried to communicate to me through phone that it has rather been turned down. Later on I was communicated officially after 23 days that it has not been granted.Pl advice can it  be challenged in any court since I can not move to a new city.

Dear Anil
It is the prerogative of the management to employ a person at those places wherein they feel his services can be optimally used. Hence it is my opinion that even if you take the management to court, you many not wan the case. You might get a temporary reprieve but that will not the advancement of your carrier in the future. Hence I feel it will be more prudent to negotiate with the management and come to a settlement.  

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Advocate Manoj Ambat


I can answer any questions concerning Indian Law, that may include Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, family laws, consumer contracts, agreements personal laws including Hindu Laws and banking laws in India. I do not specialize in tax laws. DISCLAIMER: The profile and the answers given above by the expert are in conformity with the guidelines laid out by The Bar Council of India and is not intended as a means of Personal promotion nor as an Advertisement of services provided by this expert as an Advocate. The questions answered herein are free in nature and are in conformity of the legal aid programs of The Bar Council of India. Please also note that the answers given are specific to each question specified by the questioner and details provided by the same which may not reflect on the actual problems faced by the questioner. Hence it is advisable to personally consult a good Advocate/ Lawyer in your locality for solutions to your problems. The expert and this website does not undertake the accuracy of the answers herein given and the questioner's discretion is advised. FOR THE READERS: The answers given herein should not be considered as a general answer and are specific to the questions asked herein.The answers are only just path finders that leads you on the correct answers. It is always advisable to personally consult a lawyer for specific solutions to your problems


I am an Attorney/Advocate/Lawyer running independent practice having extensive practice in Criminal laws,Civil laws,Family laws,Divorce laws, Guardianship of children and minors,Consumer Laws and rights,Contracts and agreements,Property laws in Kerala,Labour laws,Medical negligence,personal laws including Hindu Laws, Tribal laws and rights and Motor Accident Claims for the past 13 years.

Having Independent practice and Senior Partner in Manoj Ambat (Law Firm).Also currently involved in Tribal Rights & Empowerment Movements in the hills of Attapady, Palakkad District, Kerala State giving free legal education and assistance as part of the Akhil Bharathiya Abhibhashaka Parishad legal assistance program along with associates

My blog ( Facebook ( Twitter (!/manojambat)

BA.L, LL.B, General Course in Intellectual Property Laws ( WIPO, Geneva)

Past/Present Clients
Individual clients and companies

©2017 All rights reserved.