You are here:

Indian Law/Resign from the service


Hello sir,

I am working with a Ltd. company and want to discontinue my services with that comp. due to some reason.
As I am not a permanent employee of that company so according to my offer letter I need to serve 15 days notice period only. I already submitted my resignation to my employer but its 15 days over and didn't get any response from my employer even I marked mail 3 times to my HR for the last working days and do not get any response from his side.
in a verbal communication with my manager I got a answer that he will relive me at the end of month ie 30 days but when I asked him in written he refuse for it.

my question is that, I resigned from my service and already serve 15 days notice period as per my contract letter but I do not have acceptance of my resignation. What I need to do? As I am getting mentally tense with all these situation.

Is I have authority to discontinue from my services as I already serve notice period without acceptance?

Is I have a right to move in labor court for justice?

Dear Vipin
As your notice period is already over, you need not concern yourself as you are no longer contractually bound from then onwards. The management is at wrong by not replying to your request to be relieved as you have already completed all your contractual formalities.  

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Advocate Manoj Ambat


I can answer any questions concerning Indian Law, that may include Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, family laws, consumer contracts, agreements personal laws including Hindu Laws and banking laws in India. I do not specialize in tax laws. DISCLAIMER: The profile and the answers given above by the expert are in conformity with the guidelines laid out by The Bar Council of India and is not intended as a means of Personal promotion nor as an Advertisement of services provided by this expert as an Advocate. The questions answered herein are free in nature and are in conformity of the legal aid programs of The Bar Council of India. Please also note that the answers given are specific to each question specified by the questioner and details provided by the same which may not reflect on the actual problems faced by the questioner. Hence it is advisable to personally consult a good Advocate/ Lawyer in your locality for solutions to your problems. The expert and this website does not undertake the accuracy of the answers herein given and the questioner's discretion is advised. FOR THE READERS: The answers given herein should not be considered as a general answer and are specific to the questions asked herein.The answers are only just path finders that leads you on the correct answers. It is always advisable to personally consult a lawyer for specific solutions to your problems


I am an Attorney/Advocate/Lawyer running independent practice having extensive practice in Criminal laws,Civil laws,Family laws,Divorce laws, Guardianship of children and minors,Consumer Laws and rights,Contracts and agreements,Property laws in Kerala,Labour laws,Medical negligence,personal laws including Hindu Laws, Tribal laws and rights and Motor Accident Claims for the past 13 years.

Having Independent practice and Senior Partner in Manoj Ambat (Law Firm).Also currently involved in Tribal Rights & Empowerment Movements in the hills of Attapady, Palakkad District, Kerala State giving free legal education and assistance as part of the Akhil Bharathiya Abhibhashaka Parishad legal assistance program along with associates

My blog ( Facebook ( Twitter (!/manojambat)

BA.L, LL.B, General Course in Intellectual Property Laws ( WIPO, Geneva)

Past/Present Clients
Individual clients and companies

©2017 All rights reserved.