Indian Law/Defect in purchase of second hand goods

Question
Respected sir
If I purchase a product from someone (who has already used it) and after sometime there are defects or problems occurring in that product, What can I do according to Indian law for this?
Does the seller hold any liability in this?
Am I solely responsible for all defects ?
I MUST SPECIFICALLY MENTION HERE THAT THE DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT HAVE OCCURRED ON ITS OWN AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE BY ME PERSONALLY.
Is there a law/Act/rule in Indian Legal system/Constitution about sale of second hand goods?
I request you to help me sir. Thank you.

Answer
Dear Abhinav
All sales of movable goods are governed by the Sale of Goods Act. You can file a case against the seller in the consumer court . But remember that you will need to prove that the damage was already there when you bought the product. The seller will very well argue that the product was alright when it was sold to you. Being a second hand product, it will be very difficult to ascertain the damage. But if you can prove your innocence, then definitely you have a fighting case at hand. Please consult a good lawyer in your locality who will be able to help you better in this regard.  

Indian Law

Advocate Manoj Ambat