Indian Law/civil matter


Mera mother ki nam pe ek house ha . Agar mother khut se property mera sister ke nam pe nahi karta ha to mera maki deth ke bat keya o legaly us property ki mang kar sakti ha ? Or mother ki property ke upar legally keya doghter ka hak ban sakti ha?

Dear Jayanta,

During the life time of your mother she is free to deal with the property, if self acquired, as she wills to and there is no bar in law.

After the death of the mother the law of succession under personal law / of the succession act will be applicable for distribution of the property.  If there is consensus between the siblings after the death of the parent, then a settlement deed can be registered, if not then the civil court of competent jurisdiction to be approached for the partition of the property.

Hope this satisfies your query.

Best regards
Javed Razack

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Javed Razack


The medium of allexperts in asking questions and soliciting answers is for people who are in real need of assistance on their grievance. I may not be able to accommodate request on opinions, suggestions and queries from people who desire answers for their academic interest. I do not solicit professional work through the medium of allexperts. I will not be answering questions which are not asked by genuine seekers on their issues and problems. Students, Junior Lawyers, Job seekers, Para Legal and non-serious persons are requested to abstain and refrain from raising queries so as to provide this platform for genuine people in availing the facility. Questions for any academic interest will be rejected. No client attorney relationship is established by answering your query(s). I do not accept requests for legal advice nor offer any specific legal advice through the medium of allexperts or its Web page. The answers and comments are for illustrative purposes only and should not be relied or regarded as legal advice. The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it. Answers and information disseminated on this Web site is intended to be educational in nature and not intended to be a source of advertising or solicitation or be interpreted as legal advice. Users and viewers discretion is solicited and itís at your own risk. I will endeavor to answer questions on Indian Laws concerning Civil disputes on property, recovery or any other contractual obligation, Criminal disputes on Indian Penal Code, Negotiable Instruments Act, Company matters, Income Tax, Arbitration, Family and matrimonial issues, please ask.


Successful in acheiving what I regard job satisfaction.

Self Employed

Many Journals

Master in Law

Awards and Honors

Past/Present Clients

©2017 All rights reserved.