Indian Law/resignation

Question
dear sir
   myself arun, i am working an college as lecturer. actually my contract period is 1 year, it is already expired and they didn't hike my salary and post. thats why i resigned from here with 17 days resignation letter(on contract 30 days). on that day he accepted my resign, but now he is saying i want to pay 1 month salary. how can i do now

please help me

Answer
Resignation is voluntary right of an employee expressing his desire to leave the organisation.Management is bound to accept it provided notice is served as per terms of engagement.Normally,either side can terminate the contract by serving the requisite notice say one/three months or pay in lieu thereof.However,it depends upon the terms of engagement.In case of short notice,they can make final payment to you after making the necessary adjustment for the same.
Accordingly,you are advised to serve a legal notice for short payment if any.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra