Indian Law/service bond

Question
I am working as a Po in Andhra bank joined in may and I am now selected in ssc so I want to leave the bank I have already given notice about my resignation after 3 months.....but I have signed a bond of 2 lacks if I don't work for the bank for 3 years....i don't think the bank has spent that much on me for training......

Do I have to pay the amount or there is any other way????

Please guide me..

Answer
  Even if you have executed a service-bond,you should not agree to pay any amount.Such type of bond is one sided contract executed under compulsion and it has no validity in the eye of law.As per section 27 of the Contract Act,all agreements in restraint of any trade,profession or business are void.It also violates Article 19 of our Constitution,which guarantees freedom of professions to all individuals.The courts in India have held in its various judgments that in the event of breach of contract by the employee, the employer shall be entitled to recover only the actual loss suffered by it.Damages are calculated as per the provisions of section 73 and 74 of the Indian Contract Act. Even if the bond stipulates payment of any penalty amount in the event of breach, it does not mean that the employer shall be entitled to receive the stipulated amount in full; the courts shall determine the reasonable amount of compensation to be paid based on the period of service rendered,terms and conditions of service etc.
References of leading case laws on the relevant matter are given below:
1 Central Inland Water Transport Corporation v Brojonath Ganguly, (1986)IILLJ171SC

2 Niranjan Shankar Golikari v The Century Spinning and Manufacturing Company Ltd, AIR 1967 SC 1098

3 Nandganj Sihori Sugar Company Ltd v Badrinath Dixit, & Ors, AIR1991 SC 1525

4.Sicpa India Limited v. Shri Manas Pratim Deb

In view of the above,please do not agree to pay any amount from your own pocket.Let them proof before the court the actual loss suffered by them the.Since,you have worked for a very short period,there seems to be no justification to recover any loss.
You immediately lodge an online complaint to the Banking Dept. of GOI through Grivance Redressal Mechanism.You just log in that site and lodge the compliant.You will immediately get some result.
You can also serve a legal notice to them.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra