Indian Law/PROPERTY AND SUCCESSION LAW

Question
My father had four younger brothers and one elder sister. We belong to Hindu religion.
My father and his sister (Aunt) alone are married and are all deceased now. Three brothers are also no more. One brother still alive.
My fatherís sister (Aunt) has got a vacant land with a house. She gave a portion of this property (Document registered as a Gift deed) to his brothers retaining a portion to her and this property is enjoyed by her three daughters now.
The deceased three brothers have not written any WILL giving the possession of their property to anybody.

My questions are:
1.    I want to know as to who is the legal person to enjoy the property of the deceased brothers of my father? (It means myself or my fatherís brother or Auntís daughters).
2.   Living brother applying legal heir to his deceased brothers (except my father) is it legally authorized?
3.   Shall I apply for legalheirs to my Fatherís brothers because of them are bachelors?

Answer
If your father died intestate,then property will devove upon his legal heirs as pr the Succession Certificate to be issued by the court.As per the said Act,his property will devove upon his first legal heirs comprising your mother and her children equally.In the absence of first legal heirs,it will devlve upon second legal heirs comprising his parents,,sisters etc.brothers So as one of the claimants can apply for the said certificate to the court.For further details,you consult a lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra