Indian Law/Delay in FUll and Final Settlement.

Question

I worked in an organization for tenure of 5 months and 15 days. In my joining agreeement it was mentioned that I need to serve a notice of 1 week in probabtion (first 6 months) and after 6 months of service I need to serve notice of 1 month.

As I was in probation I served notice of more than 1 week. The company used to creidt salaryon 5th of every month.

I resigned on 26th of Aug giving 15 sept as my last date. So salary of my August along with 15 days of sept is presenlty on hold.

1) How many days should I wait for full and final settlement ?
2) Was I not eligible for getting Ausgust salary credited by now?

Answer
If you have resigned in terms of your engagement lettter,then your ex. employer is legally bound to settle all your claims within a reasonable period say,one month from the date of release.
Since you left on 26th August,they are legally bound to pay your salary for that month but it will form part of your final settlement.
In case,they do not release your pay even after the above period,you may serve a legal notice to them.
You should also insist for release order,if you have not yet received it.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra