Indian Law/interview call based on advance copy of application.

Question
QUESTION: Hello Sir,

I work in a constituent(Govt.Engg) college of a State Technical University of Odisha as Assistant Professor. I forwarded (through my head of institute) a job application for the post of Assistant Profesor job in a Centrally Funded Technical (CFT) Institute to be sent through proper channel. My application was then to be forwarded by the Registrar of the University. As per the job notification I also sent an advance copy of application to the CFT-Institute. However, now I received interview letter for the same after two years of notification. As two years have passed i don't know whether my application was sent through proper channel by my present employer.
Now I'm in doubt if I am called for interview based on advance copy of application or on the basis of application by proper channel.
Can you help me clear this confusion?
my present employer (the University) is not telling whether my application was forwarded to CFT-Institute as two years have passed.

ANSWER: You can ask for a copy of NOC issued /application forwarded to the Registrar,Centrally Funded Technical (CFT) Institute.If you seek the information under RIT,they are legally bound to provide you the information within the prescribed time limit i.e. probably 30 days from the date of receipt of your application.Alternatively,you can seek permission to appear for the interview.However,I have doubt ,whether the application was forwarded through proper channel because in that case,they would have intimated you.If you do not get any response,you can take up the matter with their grievance cell.After all your career is involved in it.

QUESTION: Is it possible to get interview call solely on the basis of advance copy of job application (assuming that the state university did not forward my application to CFT-Institute)?
Or they may reject if they did not receive forwarded aplication from the state university.
I did mentioned my current employment details in the advance copy of application.

Answer
If the advertisement specifically provided for applying through proper channel,it would be necessary to show NOC during the interview.Normally your certificates,testimonials and NOC are verified in Govt./semi Govt. Organisation prior to holding an interview.Moreover,even if they allow you to appear for interview without production of NOC,after selection,it may create legal problem relating to your appointment.Accordingly,best course would be to seek NOC for appearing for interview.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra