Indian Law/director absconding

Question
sir, this private limited company started on 2008. paid up capital and authorized capital are 1,00,000/-.owner of the company is a NRI. so as a local director he made also as a director. gone well until 2015 september. then no funds given to pay salary. by end of january 2016 company closed by terminating all staffs including me. salary dues not paid and the actual owner agreed to paid all dues as installments. sold out all assets in company and distributed the amount (which was about 3,00,000/-) against salary dues. unfortunately the owner absconding. now he is in india but not attending calls and no response. unable to reach him. staffs filed a petition with police to get the balance dues.

now my questions are as follows.

1. is there any chance for the staffs including me to get the balance dues.
2. as i am the director of the company how i will be liable. (i have the appointment letter as manager. i got the termination letter. i have given the resignation letter from director position).
3. how the company can be closed. i mean cancellation of registration etc.
4. company has not submitted the audit report etc in last year also. any liability for this

please extend your support and advise.

thank you.

John David M.

Answer
Staff can file a recovery suit against the company for non-payment of their outstanding dues;
All directors being Principal Officers of the Company will remain liable to settle the dues of the creditors including its own employees;
If you have signed the resignation,you shall have to file DIR-11 and the Company has to file DIR-12 regarding change in Management due to your resignation.Your resignation will be effective from the date mentioned in your letter of resignation;
The Company may be closed by following the winding-up procedure laid down in the Companies Act,2013 e.g. it may be wound-up voluntarily or compulsorily by passing a special resolution.For the said purpose,I would advise you to take the advice of a practicing company secretary;
Unless the accounts are made up-to-date,prayer for winding-up will not be accepted by the NCLT.
The company and its officers in default will be liable to prosecution for failure to place the annual accounts before the shareholders in general meeting.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra