Indoor Air Quality/Excess winter humidity on second story

Vickie Swenson wrote at 2016-03-22 21:13:21
I've come to understand that a house is typically under negative pressure in the basement and under positive pressure near the air is coming in from the basement walls and trying to escape the house near the top...somewhere in the middle is a 'neutral pressure plane'.  This is a bit pronounced in the winter as warm air is rising up to the attic, and pulling air up from the basement (stack effect), so that might contribute to condensation as the warm air is trying to escape the house.

Indoor Air Quality

TJ Nichols

Hello, I'd be glad to answer your questions on IAQ & other related issues!

My approach is to treat the home as one system with individual working parts. Think (TEAMWORK). When one or more areas (PLAYERS) are failing or bad, it affects the whole system (TEAM) to operate less efficiently. I aim to address the problem, not just the symptoms, to offer better solution options.

High School Grad (06/1991)(VA) EPA licensed & certified in Types I & II Refrigeration (04/1997)(MD)

Have served tens of thousands of customers over the course of my career