Industrial Health and Safety/Returning to the Safety Proferrion

Prafulla gokhle wrote at 2013-08-27 08:49:00
in construction line there is very high risk of get injured careful when doing

Industrial Health and Safety

Michael Brown, CSP Retired

I can discuss issues relating to the successful integration of comprehensive occupational safety and health practices into the successful operation of a manufacturing facility including production, quality and maintenance functions. My emphasis has been on supervisory training and the development of goals and measurement processes along with high levels of employee involvement. I always stressed the cost of accidents and their negative impact on the financial stability of operating units.

I worked in manufacturing/production (primarily forest products) in excess of twenty years. In my last employment (before retirement due to a stroke) I was responsible for the safety and health function for a division which had approximately 20 plants ranging from 25 employees to 600 employees. I interfaced with the safety staff at the locations and the managers and supervisors. I also worked with the support personnel including timber operations the headquarters staff and a flight department.

American Society of Safety Engineers (Professional, Emeritus) Board of Certified Safety Professionals (CSP, Retired)

BS in Forest Engineering from Oregon State University, some graduate work at Portland State University in Public Health, a graduate of the Oregon Basic Police Academy and Certified Safety Professional (by examination). Various seminars, professional development conferences and classes throughout career.

See current ratings for AllExperts in the subject of “Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards”