Industrial Health and Safety/Spark generation

What is the chnaces of spark generation when a Galvanised Iron rubs against a Mild steel or for that matter any other material.

Hi , because zinc is soft the chances of a spark is low, but that depends on the amount of friction and the thickness of the galvanisation, harder more brittle materials are more likely to cause sparks when under friction, so my answer would be there is a low chance of a spark. However if the friction is high and continuous the galvanised coating may rub off exposing the iron, but even this would be a low risk of a spark, heat would be generated before a spark.

Industrial Health and Safety

Graham Couch

I have over 28 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing and 10 years in Health & Safety, qualifications include IOSH, NEBOSH, COSHH, PUWER, Manual handling DSE and general office safety I am based in the UK

I have 31 years experience in the aerospace manufacturing industry and 10 years in Health and Safety for an international Aerospace company

IOSH (managing safely), NEBOSH certificate,(National examination board of occupational safety and health)PUWER,COSHH,Man Handling and DSE Training and experience