Industrial Health and Safety/Literature and Articles on Safety in the Downstream Petroleum Industry

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am putting together a document on Safety in the Downstream Petroleum Industry and need Literature and articles in this area to compliment and be of reference to my work.

Hi Tizard,

I would recommend that you look into the American Petroleum Institute at and the American National Standards Institute at for publications and reference materials. These agencies publish safety standards that exceed regulatory requirements from OSHA and are often considered to be benchmarks of safe work practices and recommended procedures.

You can always visit our website at for resources and reference materials for safety policies and procedures as these might be of use too.

We hope this helps.

MW Consulting, LLC

Industrial Health and Safety

MW Consulting, LLC

Our company can answer questions relating to occupational health and safety. We have experience in common OSHA issues facing the oil & gas industry. Primarily we engage in designing, creating, and implementing training programs for businesses to promote efficiency and increase awareness. Thus, we can answer questions relating to employee training programs so as to promote effective, internal safety programs. Our representatives cannot answer specific legal questions or offer advice on how to get around OSHA regulations. Also, we encourage EHS students to do their own homework and research, but will entertain questions for legitimate educational purposes. Please visit for more information.

Members of the company have taught EHS courses at the collegiate level and continue to do so. Additionally, we have provided training to employees of major oil & gas companies as part of established safety programs. Our professionals are OHSA authorized outreach instructors, CPR instructors, Defensive Driving instructors, and offer many other customized trainings. Our experience level spans nearly a decade in health and safety training and safety culture initiatives.

Juris Doctorate, Masters, and Bachelors Degrees