Industrial Health and Safety/Safe manhour & lost time injury calculation

Question
Dear Sir,
1. I have a doubt that after an incident safe manhour will be Zero or what? Incase yes as per which standard we can consider it is Zero?
2.Can i get the  reference document as per Standard, as i can able to replay to my senior.
3. The issue is that One person got leg twisted during using of ladder, and his leg got swelled. That person was absent 3 days from duty. There was no fracture etc. Same time our man hour was 50,000. So it will be Zero or what, pls. advise me with evidence as per standard.

Answer
Subject: Safe man-hour & lost time injury calculation

Question: Dear Sir,
….. 1. I have a doubt that after an incident safe man-hour will be Zero or what? Incase yes as per which standard we can consider it is Zero?
….. 2. Can I get the reference document as per standard, as I can able to replay to my senior.
….. 3. The issue is that one person got leg twisted during using of ladder, and his leg got swelled. That person was absent 3 days from duty. There was no fracture etc. Same time our man hour was 50,000. So it will be Zero or what, pls. advise me with evidence as per standard.

Answer: I cannot give a specific code reference as to why you need to start over when an accident. It is a matter of convention and logic. If the incident was responsible for the injury and missed work days then the safe work days start the next day and the safe hours start after the time of the incident. I believe that under OSHA you will find instructions as to this situation but not as a specific code number.
I hope this will help and if I can be of further assistance please feel free to ask.

Michael Brown, CSP Retired

Industrial Health and Safety

Michael Brown, CSP Retired