Infertility/Fertility/Need help

Question
It has been 2 months since my last period. Pregnancy tests shows negative. Took trans-v & the results are:
Uterus: 6.5 x 4.7 x 3.9cm. retroverted
Cervix : 2.1 x 2.7 x 2.0 cm w/o nabothian cyst
Endometrium: 0.51cm.
Right Ovary: 3.4 x 2.5 x 1.9cm.
Left Ovary: 4.6 x 3.6 x 2.5cm.
Others: minimal clear free fluid in the cul-de-sac.

Results:
The uterus is retroverted with regular contour and homogeneous myometrium.
There are no myometrial masses seen.
The cervix is closed and homogeneous.
The endometrium is thin and hyperechoic with intact endomyometrial interface.
The right ovary is lateral to the uterus and contains small follicles, the largest of which measures 0.8cm. in the widest diameters.
The left ovary is lateral to the uterus and contains a cystic structure measuring 3.4x2.9x2.1cm., with lace-like echopattern suggestive of a corpus luteum.
There are no adnexal masses seen.
There is minimal clear free fluid in the cul-de-sac.

Kindly explain to me the results. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant? Thanks!

Answer
Hello Gellie from the Phillipines,

All I can tell you is that your ultrasound is normal and shows a normal uterus and ovaries.  An ultrasound is not enough to evaluate the entire reproductive tract.  Reproduction is a lot more complicated that that and there are an additional 8 tests that are done besides the ultrasound.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG