Infertility/Fertility/want pregnancy

Question
QUESTION: hi,
i am 33 years old ...am taking fertyl tab,folvite-5mg and fembio caps.....i take {revital women also(daily)}i want to ask whether i can take revital along with these medicines or is it harmful....

thanking you
Shazia

ANSWER: Hello Shazia from India,

All the tablets you are taking are vitamins.  I doubt that they will cause any problem if you take them together, but probably you don't need to be taking both.  In terms of helping you get pregnant, they do nothing in that regard.  They are NOT fertility treatments.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

QUESTION: hello sir
i am very grateful to you for answering...also i want to know about multicystic echopattern ovary as i am diagnosed by this.firstly i was told that i am a pco but now the sonographer told me that it is multicystic.what is the difference between the two?can i concieve or am i wasting my time and money on the medicines.Also i m getting little blood for a day or two (i got it on 23rd of october which i thougt was my periods as i get irregular periods and now i had little bleeding on 3rd of oct)please doctor help me as i am very much worried and feel very low.
thanking you.

Answer
Hello Again,

Multicystic is a descriptive term that sonographers use, whereas PCO (polycystic ovarian disease) is a clinical diagnosis.  In most cases of PCOD, ultrasound examination will show mutlicystic or multifollicular ovaries.

I would recommend that you consult my Blog for more extensive information regarding PCOD.  I have written extensively on this subject.  The basic problem with PCOD is the lack of normal ovarian function.  That is, the ovaries are dysunctioning leading to the lack of ovulation and hormonal imbalance.  The treatment is to get the ovaries to function normally and ovulate so that pregnancy can ensue.

I can't give you any further detailed information than the above with the little information you have given me.  This is not a medical consultation site.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG