Infertility/Fertility/conception problem

I am33.i am blessed with a daughter.i conceived within a month after my marriage.but we decided to wait till she turn5.she is 7 now..We were trying for our second child for the past 2 years...but after 6 months of trying i went to gynae.iwas told that i had two cysts in both ovaries and endometeriomas.she performed laproscopy to remove was successful.we did tests foe tb as well but they came out tubes were clear.she put me on estrogen for one month and then she told me to take duphaston(progesterone)right from 4th day of my periods.on 11 day i went for ovulation study and sonologist told me that there is a flllicular cyt on my right ovary .it measured 23mm.on 12th day it grew to 33mm.i paniced.and rushed to take another opinion.the second doctors told me that duphaston had caused  this.but i am worried that what should i do next to conceive.

Hello Priyanka from India,

I think you need to see a competent infertility specialist, NOT a general gynecologist.  Only infertility specialists do IVF, so to find one, just ask whether or not they do IVF (at least in the U.S.  I don't know about in India).  The duphaston did nothing to treat your infertility or to help you get pregnant.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco