Infertility/Fertility/infertility

Question
Hello doctor
I m from hyderabad (india).This month i had iui with injectables.i took clomid 100mg from 3rd day to 6th day and from 7th day GMH 150 units sc to 10th day.on On 13th day took DECAPEPTY L sc.I developed 9 follicles out of those 7 follicles were  raptured (sizes between 19 mm to 20 mm)i had iui on my 14th and 15th day.my endomatrium thickness was 8.4 mm with three lines .now i m on progestron.now my problem is i am feeling cramping while passing pee and feeling my stomach is tight.i consulted my gyn she did a scan and told me there are cysts in ovaries and ovaries are enlarged.Because of that i m feeling discomfort  .Now i had a doubt.Is enlarged ovaries effects my conception or is there any chance for conception in this month.

Answer
Hello Rajeswari from India,

The cramping and discomfort you are having is probably from the ovaries as explained by your doctor and it will not affect your chances of getting pregnant.

However, I must advise that your doctor has treated you completely improperly and I would recommend that you seek out a REAL infertility specialist.  I say this for several reasons:
1.  She has hyerpstimulated you by giving you too much medication and this has led to the ovarian enlargement. I don't know how many total follicles you have or what your estradiol was at HCG, but I suspect you might be at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) as a consequence.  This is a serious disorder and can lead to major medical illness.
2.  With IUI, we strive to NOT let a woman ovulate more than 3 eggs.  That is, if you have more than 3 follicles that are ovulatory sized (>15 mms), then we cancel the cycle because of the significantly increased risk of triplets or greater gestation.  

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG