Infertility/Fertility/pregnancy or menstrual pain

First of all let me thank you for your time dedicating us for our conerns.
I am 23 years old and i have a regular menstrual cycle.Recently my husband and I have decided to have a baby.I am very exited about this!My last cycle began on december 14 and I have calculated my possible ovulation days.My next cycle is supposed to arrive on january 14 but the last three days I have experienced abdomen pain and breats change ( a little) just like in menstrual cycle days.Are this menstrual symptoms(even 10-12 days before the cycle) or I should be pregnant?
Waiting for your response and your advices,
Sincerelly ,Maruela

Hello Marsuela from India,

There is no way to know whether your period is starting or if you are in early pregnancy.  Your only option at this point is to wait and see.

Also, keep in mind that it takes the average woman, under 30 years old, 8-12 months to achieve pregnancy, so don't expect it will occur immediately.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco