Infertility/Fertility/MY period only last for one & half day

Dear Doctor Edward
I am 33 years old and work over seas in Doha. I have experienced this issue since last month and this month, before that I normally got my period last in 2-3 days. At the first I had it I was thought maybe because I am too tired & stress out in the work place, so I didn't bother about it but now since it become my second time to have my period last for one & half day, its make me worry either I have serious illness or something related to my fertility. And what test should I take the best? Since I am going to planing doing USG on this week or should I take other test? Or is it what I have is normal? Just to give you more details the blood flow is normal not too heavy or less and the color not changes. Looking forward for your answer and thank you so much in advance.

Kind regards

Hello Merry from Qatar,

The shortened length of your period is not considered to be abnormal.  The number of days of flow can vary within the lifetime of a woman.  So, I don't think you need to worry.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  I now provide personalized fee for service consultations/advice/direction via email and payable via Pay Pal.  If interested, contact me via my email at  This service will allow you to have your own personal on-demand infertility expert.  

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco