Infertility/Fertility/Can I get Pregnant PCOS

Question
Hi Im from the U.S. and I'm  18 and my and my 19 year old boyfriend are trying to have a baby but I have PCOS so my OBGYN said it would be very difficult to concieve plus I am missing my Infera Vena Cave from my kidneys down so my doctors do not think I could supply enough blood flow and oxygen to my baby. How do I increse my chances of getting pregnant I stopped my birth control and we dont use condoms and Im taking prenatal vitamans also would I possible be able to carry the baby at least for six months? Thank you so much for any reply thank you!

Answer
Hello Devin from the U.S. (Florida),

If you in fact have PCOS, it means that the ovaries are not functioning correctly and so you don't ovulate regularly.  In that case, you will need to use fertility drugs to correct the problem to get you to ovulate.  PCOS patients do get pregnant spontaneously but it is more difficult.  In terms of carrying the pregnancy, I don't see any reason why you couldn't.  The uterus gets its blood supply from several different vessels.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  I now provide personalized fee for service consultations/advice/direction via email and payable via Pay Pal.  If interested, contact me via my email at info@montereybayivf.com.  This service will allow you to have your own personal on-demand infertility expert

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG