Infertility/Fertility/combination cycle

Question
HELLO SIR,

Iam 38yrs old .I HAVE A 26-28 DAY CYCLE.I ovulate around day 12.I AM trying to conceive.PLEASE tell me whether i should go for clomid+hmg INJ OR CLOMID+FSH INJ.
I have heard that fsh inj are for PCOD patients and as i ovulate regularly HMG INJ will be more suitable for me.
         thank you

Answer
Hello Jennifer,

It's illegal for me to tell you what to do since you are not a registered patient under my care.  Therefore, I can only give you a broad, non-specific (but hopefully helpful) response.  In general, if a woman ovulates every month, there's no benefit to taking Clomid (as Clomid is specifically designed to help a woman who does NOT ovulate regularly to ovulate).  Straight injectable fertility drugs, such as hMG, increase the number of eggs developed and, unlike Clomid, are true fertility drugs because if a woman ovulates (for example) two eggs she has a greater chance of being pregnant compared to the one egg she ovulates without the medicines.

I hope this helps, and I hope your male partner had good sperm on his analysis,
Dr. Roseff in Boca Raton, FL
www.reproendo.com
www.ivfmd.com
======================
Since Dr. Roseff doesn't know your entire history and hasn't examined you, any medical information given to you may be incomplete or inaccurate. Dr. Roseff and his staff are not responsible for any actions taken or not taken due to the educational information contained within these communications. All communications are for educational and informational purposes only, and should never be used to replace the information and care rendered by your own doctor. No part of any message may be reproduced, printed, or posted anywhere else without the express written authorization of Dr. Roseff.

Infertility/Fertility

Scott Roseff, MD, FACOG