Infertility/Fertility/everyone says no to getting pregnant

Question
its amazing that technology can correct many things but can't find a way to help the women conceive within themselves after a certain female operation. I too seek answers to the same questions as the other women. Is there any way of  doing artifictional semination or lightly scarping of the walls of the uterus to help the baby to survive?

Answer
Hello Nikil from the U.S. (South Carolina),

The technology that is available at this point in time is truely amazing but is not perfect.  There are many things that still need to be studied, learned and developed.  That being said, we certainly can get almost anyone pregnant but it will just depend on what treatment is needed and whether or not the patient will accept that treatment.

You've not given me specific circumstances regarding your situation but certainly artificial insemination can be done.  As to "lightly scraping walls of the uterus to help the baby survive", that won't help the baby survive (we can do lightly scraping of the lining called a D&C) but that doesn't help with pregnancy so I don't know what it's purpose would be in that regard.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG