Infertility/Fertility/Follicle not getting ruptred

Hi, i am from Saudi Arabia.I am having PCOS. i have got 3 cycles of clomid 50mg along with hcg shot 5000cc..but recently i got to know that even after having good size follicle and hcg shot, my follicle is not getting ruptured to release ova. Instead its getting shrink to nothing upto next cycle. What should i do...please help

Hello Isha from Saudi Arabia,

The only way to know if ovulation occurs is to do daily ultrasound examinations to see if the follicle disappears at the time of ovulation.  There is no other way.  Is that what you have been doing and how you know your follicle did not "rupture"?

In addition, if you really have PCOD, 50 mg of Clomid is not sufficient to induce ovuation.  Most PCOD patients will need 150-250 mg per day.  So if you ovulated on 50 mg, maybe you don't have PCOD?

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco