Infertility/Fertility/Hard time getting pregnant

My name is Charlie I'am 24 years old
I started to have my period when I was 11 years old never had a problem until I got the rod in at 22 years old and got it out last june due to complications ,My period didn't start again until aug 14th and finish 17th aug ,started again 16th sep and finish 20th sep,started again 18th oct finish 21st oct,started again 15th nov to 18th then 17th december finish 22 december ,then again 14th jen to 18th jen ,then again 16th feb until 20th,Now i was meant to have a period on the 18th I had light brown spotting and little pink discharge only when i wiped ,19th still no period but still brown discharge,20th brown discharge ,2pm reddish discharge getting heavy .Did pregnancy test was negative later on in the night it went back to brown discharge,today did another test come back negative brown spotting in the morning and now red with blood clots.Had cramp for the past week
I haven't been on the pill since getting the rod out ,My husband and I have been trying to have a baby  
since getting the rod out .I don't understand why I can't get pregnant I am healthy I don't have a stressful life. We have been doing everything right when to have sexual intercourse and all that.

Hello Charlie from Australia,

You don't have a question but I presume you want to know what to do next.  If you have been trying for pregnancy for at least 12 months, then it is time to see a fertility doctor and have an evaluation done.  This will then help to, not only determine what may be preventing pregnancy, but also what treatment is appropriate.  Keep in mind that it takes the average woman under 30 years old, 8-12 months to achieve pregnancy.  It's not as simple as people make it out to be.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco