Infertility/Fertility/endo and pregnant

Hi Dr, my age is 37  years  and I have endo cyst on left ovary ,its size is (48, 35, 39mm),I was pregnant before 9 monthes ago after I took clomid but I lost it after one month and I did IUI twice but unfortunatelly the result is negative,my doctor said we can try again with IUI more time .
I want to ask you doctor Edward I can be pregnant with IUI, orI just need to do IVF to be pregnant  and If I become pregnant ,is there any doubt to lose the pregnancy again?
I need to help me please ,thank you .I'm living in USA

Hello Racha from the U.S.

Having an Endometrioma (endometriotic cyst) gives you a diagnosis of stage four endometriosis.  As such, your only real option is to do IVF.  The problem is greater than can be treated by IUI because the pelvis is abnormal.

My recommendation is to see a competent RE so that you can be counseled and treated appropriately.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco