Infertility/Fertility/Muscular dystrophy

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct category to ask such a question as i couldnt find this disease between the category list. Anyway, my question is not really related to female infertility but it's the following:
I was wondering if a person with Muscular Dystrophy , which he acquired at a younget age from age of 2 for example , is he infertile? Can he have no kids?
Thank you for your time, sorry if this is not the correct place to ask. Thank you in advance :)

Hello Sarah from Lebanon,

Muscular dystrophy is a genetic disease but does not affect fertility.  The problem is it can then be transmitted to the child.  Since you elude to your child being a male, it is an X-chromosome linked genetic disease, so all female children (receiving an X from the father) will receive the gene but male children (receiving a Y from the father) will not.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate  

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco