Infertility/Fertility/Novasure endometrial ablation.

Question
Hello, I had the novasure ablation performed 8 weeks ago for heavy bleeding. Unfortunately I have found recovery rather slow, and am still troubled by some cramping at times.  My main concern is that I have a feeling in my right side only, from inside my back passage right the way to the opening of my vagina, a burning, heavy and swollen feeling that seems to come and go. I know that the right side was ablated more thoroughly than the left side as my womb was apparently a little too large.  I am concerned that there is some damage or something, but it does come and go.  Please can you help at all, as I am really concerned that all is not ok. I had antibiotics at week 3 for a suspected infection, and though the test was negative, it cleared up pain and discharge.  I have no discharge now, but still getting my periods. Do you think this right side feeling is anything to do with the healing?  I did not have this previously.  Thank you for your time. Lou.

Answer
Hello Lou from the U.K.,

I am worried that you may think that I can reassure you that everything is okay, but then, I would not be helping you.  They symptoms you are having are not normal, and if the ablation was successful, you should not be having a "period."  I can't tell you what is wrong via this site on the internet, as you probably realize, because an examination is warranted.  I would strongly recommend that you see your gynecologist and if he/she is not treating you satisfactorily, then find another.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG