Infertility/Fertility/IVF & Endometriosis

Kylie wrote at 2013-06-20 01:30:50
Hi Dr Ramirez.

I want to thank you for your response and give you a follow up.

I went and saw another fertility specialist, a leading specialist primarily focused on ivf and endo, and just finished my first cycle with him. I was placed on a long down regulation cycle with 225iu of gonal f, i had an adequate repose with approx 8 follicles in the running, I was triggered on day 9 of stimulation (prematurely I think) with a a few follicles in the 17mm range and an e2 of 3850 (US equil: 1047) (too low I think). 8 eggs were retrieved, of which I found out this morning after ICSI 4 were mature and 0 fertilised. After speaking to my doctor on the phone he is quite baffled, because like you, he can't see why this wouldn't work on someone young, thin and otherwise medically healthy.

My question is whether you think given the circumstance I would be a candidate for minimal IVF? With the thought that maybe I'm one of these people whose ovaries don't like the stimulation and maybe we can stimulate a few and get a better quality.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Kylie.  

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG