Infertility/Fertility/IVF & Endometriosis

Kylie wrote at 2013-06-20 01:30:50
Hi Dr Ramirez.

I want to thank you for your response and give you a follow up.

I went and saw another fertility specialist, a leading specialist primarily focused on ivf and endo, and just finished my first cycle with him. I was placed on a long down regulation cycle with 225iu of gonal f, i had an adequate repose with approx 8 follicles in the running, I was triggered on day 9 of stimulation (prematurely I think) with a a few follicles in the 17mm range and an e2 of 3850 (US equil: 1047) (too low I think). 8 eggs were retrieved, of which I found out this morning after ICSI 4 were mature and 0 fertilised. After speaking to my doctor on the phone he is quite baffled, because like you, he can't see why this wouldn't work on someone young, thin and otherwise medically healthy.

My question is whether you think given the circumstance I would be a candidate for minimal IVF? With the thought that maybe I'm one of these people whose ovaries don't like the stimulation and maybe we can stimulate a few and get a better quality.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco