Infertility/Fertility/fibroid or adenomysis


     I am 38 yrs old with a history of 2miscarrriages in the last two iam 12weeks pregnant.i had a sonography at 12 weeks which reported that
 ANTERIOR MAYOMETRIUM IN BODY AREA SHOWS 3*2CM FOCAL THICKENING.does this mean that i have adenomyosis or doctor says normal anterior mayometrium is less than 2cm
and as mine is more it could be adenomyosis or fibroid.
      sir as i am 38 yrs old do i need to take vaginal progesterone and drydogesterone till 14weeks or 12weeks is enough and sir will the progesterone help in shrinking the anterior
mayometrium to norma size.


While I can't tell you when to stop your medicines (it's illegal, since you're not my patient), I can tell you that most of the recent published literature supports taking progesterone (when indicated) until about 10 weeks gestation.

Good luck!
Dr. Roseff in Florida, USA
Since Dr. Roseff doesn't know your entire history and hasn't examined you, any medical information given to you may be incomplete or inaccurate. Dr. Roseff and his staff are not responsible for any actions taken or not taken due to the educational information contained within these communications. All communications are for educational and informational purposes only, and should never be used to replace the information and care rendered by your own doctor. No part of any message may be reproduced, printed, or posted anywhere else without the express written authorization of Dr. Roseff.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: hello sir
   thanks for your reply.sir pls tell if vaginal progesterone and drydogesterone is continued in second trimester of pregnancy will it help in shrinking the fibroids or treating adenomyosis.

Progesterone supplements are not given in the second trimester of pregnancy to treat fibroids or adenomyosis.

Dr. Roseff
Dr. Roseff - South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Boca Raton, FL
As you’re not my patient, information herein may be incomplete/inaccurate & I can't be responsible for your actions. This is for educational purposes & should never be used to replace information & care rendered by your own doctor. No part of this message may be reproduced, printed, or posted elsewhere without express written authorization of Dr. Roseff.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Scott Roseff, MD, FACOG


I can answer questions relating to ALL aspects of female infertility.


I am Board Certified in Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility.

Medical Advisory Board, Serono Labs, Inc.
Speaker's Bureau, TAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine
American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
The International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy
The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
The International Federation of Gynaecologic Endoscopists
U.S. International Foundation for Studies in Human Reproduction, Inc.
The Endometriosis Association
Fellow, The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
American Medical Association
The Academy of Medicine of NJ
NJ Obstetrical & Gynecological Society
The NY Reproductive Medicine Society (Steering Committee)
The Society of Reproductive Endocrinologists
Resolve - National Chapter
Resolve - New Jersey - Executive Board

Please be so kind as to see my CV at: or

Postgraduate Fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility was done at The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine.

Awards and Honors
Mellon Fellow in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, 1988, awarded for academic excellence in the Reproductive Sciences, for research efforts aimed at development of novel contraceptives.

Wyeth Service Award for Physician Education and Training in Norplant Contraceptive Implants.

Certificates of Service and Appreciation from Our Lady of Mercy Medical Clinic, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México, 1978-1982.

©2017 All rights reserved.