Infertility/Fertility/ivf clinics

i want to ask that can crowded clinics be good or are always good a worst very confused the crowded one has all the plus points like it is experienced,cost is lil bit low than other,and the pioneer in begining the ivf ...the other one has also good success rate but opened 6 yrs totally confused...
like how many cycles does a clinic should do per year...plx help

Hello Hina,

I run  smaller, low volume clinic and have better pregnancy rates that they large ones in my area, including the ones at Stanford University and the University of California, San Francisco.  I feel that I give better more personalized care because I am caring for them personally and completely.  I don't have other people doing what I should be doing.  The biggest disadvantage of a very large clinic is that it is a factory and depersonalized.  IVF should be a personal and intimate procedure, NOT a mechanical one.  So, of course I have a bias.  I would not recommend a small clinic that has a poor pregnancy rate, but if it has a good pregnancy rate, I think that is the better place to go.  I don't care how big and famous the larger clinic is, but if it were me and my wife doing this, I would want a clinic where the doctor is going to give us personalized attention the entire way, including personally do the retrieval and transfer procedures.  If you rarely get to see this "famous" doctor, what good is it to go see him?

In the U.S., people with money or famous people go to clinics where they get one on one personalized care, not where they are treated as another number.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate  

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco