Infertility/Fertility/abdominal and pelvic tuberculosis what are my chances to become pregnant?

Good Day Doctor!

I'm 20 years old when I discovered I have Abdominal and Pelvic Tuberculosis, I had Undergo Diagnostic Laparoscopy and still taking medications. My Doctor told me that my medication will last 6 months to 1 year until he can say that I'm cleared of Tuberculosis. The Doctors also found a cyst 9cm in my pelvic and said that it was a tuberculosis. Now im still in my medications continuos blood test and monthly ultrasound.

after a year and im cleared of tuberculosis is there a high chance for me to be pregnant by doing the natural way? if i become pregnant is there a chance that it will be risky? having this case are there still many women got pregnant with out applying any medical procedures??

Thank you very much! hoping for your answer.

Hello Kristine from the Philippines,

I cannot predict the future, and therefore cannot answer your question completely, however, pelvic tuberculosis can lead to pelvic scarring, as well as, tubal blockage.  These can impair natural pregnancy.  For now, instead of worrying about the future, you'll just have to wait and see what evolves in the future.  You may be worrying unnecessarily.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate.  

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco