Infertility/Fertility/Laparoscopy and one blocked tube

Cali in Atlanta wrote at 2013-09-25 13:03:54
This is Cali again.  Just wanted to update to assist and give hope to others who may be in the same boat.  I just found out a couple of days ago that we're pregnant and the betas look really good.  We are relieved because IVF is not covered under our insurance and we would not have been able to afford it.  We actually got pregnant on a natural cycle when we were taking a break from treatment.

It looks like my hubby's sperm was the problem, because we conceived immediately the month after he started on supplements to improve his count and quality of his sperm.  My RE thought his sperm was a "low normal" but after looking in to it further it seems many would not agree with that assessment.  His count was 20 mil/mL, 30% motility, grade 3 and 0.5% morphology.  His eating habits are atrocious, so I felt he may have had some nutritional deficiencies.

So after this, I have come to believe that my right tube was not really blocked after all, because in all of the rounds of Clomid I did, the biggest follicles were always on the right side even with Clomid.

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco