Infertility/Fertility/cervical mucus

I have been tracking my bbt, cervical position, texture, and mucus. In this i have seen the dip in temperature and the change of position and texture of my cervix. I have also found that my mucus is not very abundant. I also do not see the egg white consistency that is talked about. My question is, what are some ways i can help my body start producing this type of mucus and are there any herbal suppliments that may help? Is this something that i need to seek medical help for?

We used to make a "big deal" out of cervical mucus but we (fertility experts) no longer do so.  Don't focus on your mucus.

If you're under age 35 and not pregnant within 12 months of trying, see a board certified reproductive endocrinologist.  If you're over 35, see one after 6 months of trying.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Roseff in Florida

Scott Roseff, MD, FACOG

I can answer questions relating to ALL aspects of female infertility.

I am Board Certified in Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility.

Medical Advisory Board, Serono Labs, Inc.
Speaker's Bureau, TAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine
American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
The International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy
The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
The International Federation of Gynaecologic Endoscopists
U.S. International Foundation for Studies in Human Reproduction, Inc.
The Endometriosis Association
Fellow, The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
American Medical Association
The Academy of Medicine of NJ
NJ Obstetrical & Gynecological Society
The NY Reproductive Medicine Society (Steering Committee)
The Society of Reproductive Endocrinologists
Resolve - National Chapter
Resolve - New Jersey - Executive Board

Please be so kind as to see my CV at: or

Postgraduate Fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility was done at The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine.

Mellon Fellow in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, 1988, awarded for academic excellence in the Reproductive Sciences, for research efforts aimed at development of novel contraceptives.

Wyeth Service Award for Physician Education and Training in Norplant Contraceptive Implants.

Certificates of Service and Appreciation from Our Lady of Mercy Medical Clinic, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México, 1978-1982.