Infertility/Fertility/Progestron level's

Question
Hello,
I recently had blood work done on day 23 of my first cycle 50mg of clomind. My prolactin level's was 17.9 and my progesterone level was 17.4. I have a HX for two miscarriages; where i noticed from one of my previous lab testing my progesterone level had dropped to 7.4. In both miscarriages they were at the same time frame of 8 weeks.

what do everything mean and is there any option like progesterone treatment for my first trimester?

Answer
Hello Atoya from the U.S. (Texas),

The levels for both these tests are normal.  That is all that can be said.  Prolactin is a pituitary hormone.  Progesterone is the hormone your body produces after ovulation and the level of 17.4 means that you ovulated.  That is all that can be said.

In terms of progesterone use in infertility, we do use supplemental progesterone as vaginal suppositories to support the endometrium, assist implantation and maintain the pregnancy.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  I now provide personalized fee for service consultations/advice/direction via email and payable via Pay Pal.  If interested, contact me via my email at info@montereybayivf.com.  This service will allow you to have your own personal on-demand infertility expert

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG