Infertility/Fertility/Chances

Question
I used the pull out method with no ejaculation at all occurring, on
March 24th very late pm and April 6th I'm most definite that I ovulated march 30th as to where I had very fertile ewcm, what do you think my chances are of conceiving?
I really want a baby and my hubby is nervous!
My last lmp was the 16th of March
I think I ovulated the 30th of March
I had intercourse march 24th or the 25th it was around midnight
And also on April 6th
I had ewcm on the 30th just for one day! If I only have fertile cm for one day does that mean my fertile window is less than five days? And how long can sperm actually live for

Answer
Hello Heather from the U.S. (Arizona),

The truth is I can't answer this question with any certainty.  But, let me say this.  There is only a 12 hour window each month when fertilization can occur.  This is 12 hours after the egg is released from the ovary.  Unfortunately, there is no technology that can tell anyone exactly when that release is.  Given that you think you ovulated on the 30th, that means that you would have had to have intercourse on the 30th or 31st for fertilization to occur (again keeping in mind that there is no way to know for sure if you ovulated then).  So intercourse on the 24th or 25th and 6th would not lead to a pregnancy.

When people talk about the "fertile window", they are referring to the period of time when ovulation might occur and that you should have intercourse to cover the exact time that it occurs.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  I now provide personalized fee for service consultations/advice/direction via email and payable via Pay Pal.  If interested, contact me via my email at info@montereybayivf.com.  This service will allow you to have your own personal on-demand infertility expert

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG