Infertility/Fertility/Infertility problem


Hello thr..
I have been married 3yrs now n trying to conceive since 2yrs..
Was on clomid three to four times..
Everytime my ovulation study goes fine have a good size egg n gets released also..
A few months back I had a miscarriage in just 15 days I realised I was pregnant..
I went to the doc fr scanning n he said there was a brown discharge..
I miscarried at home then had a d&c..
Now a week ago my doc suggested me to take endothik tablets I.e sildenafil citrate & estradiol valerate tablets vaginally  n said that may be I was because of thin lining..
I had arnd 7-8 mm
Since I've taken the medicine I'm not able to enjoy intercourse with my husband n also im not able to feel anything..
I'm getting really frustrated n always there is roughness n dryness inside me..
I think the medicine has created a wall inside me n always there is a white discharge of medicine on my husbands private part..
Please help me n guide me whether I should stop taking this medicine??
Is it harming my vagina ??
I wana concieve soon

Hello Gauri from India,

What you describe with your vagina is not a known side effect of the medication.  Estradiol should increase the mucous output and thereby increase lubrication.  Therefore, I highly recommend that you go see a gynecologist and have an examination done.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate.  I also now provide an Email Concierge Advisory Service with a 1 year subscription for patients that want easy access to me to answer questions along their journey (women's health, infertility, pregnancy).  Contact me at if you are interested in continuous access to me.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG


I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.


I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, California Medical Association, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]