Infertility/Fertility/rectal pressure

i got married in 2013 and used contraceptive pill Meliane for couple of months.i faced many UTI problems. had an abdomen ultrasound that was fine.from more than one year my husband left abroad which means i have no involvement in bed i.e no sex. but from 8 months , im having rectal pressure that occurs during period only.i dont know why it is happening.i googled a lot and came across the symptoms of endometriosis. please note that only one symptom of endometriosis matches with mine which is rectal pressure,having menstrual pain in abdomen legs etc. please help me whether it is endometriosis or not. since my husband is not present here so i cannot go to dr for check up or treatment. and im really afraid of infertility. note that i have no family history of endometriosis.

Hello Mrs. Asad from Pakistan,

I would recommend that you see a Gynecologist who can then order or do a pelvic ultrasound.  Often this symptoms is due to pressure from fibroids in the uterus or endometriosis.  It is a non-specific symptom so an evaluation needs to be done. I can't tell you what is going on via the internet.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate.  I also now provide an Email Concierge Advisory Service with a 1 year subscription for patients that want easy access to me to answer questions along their journey (women's health, infertility, pregnancy).  Contact me at if you are interested in continuous access to me.

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco