Infertility/Fertility/Additional information to question I asked earlier

Question
Hello again Dr., I forgot to mention in the last entry that my periods range from 24-25 days and are regular. I use opks and chart my temps and it seems I am ovulating regularly. My husband and I have been trying for 9 months.

Answer
Hello Again,

If you have regular cycles, then you are ovulating.  If you have only been trying for 9 months, then technically you are NOT infertile.  Infertility is defined by the inability to get pregnant after 1 year of trying if you are under 36 years old.  I would recommend that you keep trying for a few months more.

It seems that:
Ovulation is not a problem
Sperm is not a problem
Tubes are open

So there is no clear cause for your delay in getting pregnant, and the AMH says NOTHING about your ability to get pregnant.  If anything, it is an indication of time, indicating that you may not have until 40 years old to get pregnant but only until 35.  But even then, that is not a certainty.

Go see another doctor.  You've been given bad counseling, and the cause of the delay is not yet found BUT you also have not been trying for long enough.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com
info@montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate.  I also now provide an Email Concierge Advisory Service with a 1 year subscription for patients that want easy access to me to answer questions along their journey (women's health, infertility, pregnancy).  Contact me at ejrmd@montereybayivf.com if you are interested in continuous access to me.

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG