Infertility/Fertility/Egg quality

Question
Hello,

I am a 40 year old trying to conceive and have had 2 failed Ivfs so far! Is there anything I can do to improve egg quality?

Thank you

Answer
Hello Michelle from Canada,

Unfortunately, there is no current therapy to increase egg quality.  That is the holy grail.

Somewhere in your ovaries you probably still have some good eggs.  The key will be to find it and the goal is to get as many eggs out per cycle to hopefully find a good egg in that batch.  That is the purpose of the stimulation.  So, hang in there.  Hopefully one of these times the perfect egg will emerge.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com
info@montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate.  I also now provide an Email Concierge Advisory Service with a 1 year subscription for patients that want easy access to me to answer questions along their journey (women's health, infertility, pregnancy).  Contact me at ejrmd@montereybayivf.com if you are interested in continuous access to me.

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG