Infertility/Fertility/Sonohysterogram vs Hysterosalpingogram

Question
Hello, I am debating whether or not I should get the Sonohysterogram (FemVue) to check to see if my Fallopian tubes are open. Someone else told me that I should get the HSG instead because it check for blocked tubes. The Sonohysterogram uses air and saline so wouldn't I know if my tubes are blocked with that procedure if the saline passes through the tubes?

Answer
Hello Victoria,
Either test can check for the tubes. The HSG is the definitive test but the SHG can be done in the office. If the SHG is abnormal or equivocal, you'll then have to do the HSG. So, my preference is the HSG.

Good luck,

Edward J. Ramirez,  M.D.,FACOG  

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG