Infertility/Fertility/Trying to conceive
I had my first child -a girl -in Dec 2012. I undertook a family planning method (IUD, also known as coil) in march 2013, and I had it removed in January 2015, when I was prepared to have anotherr baby, but I had not conceived.
My. Questions are:
1. What can I do to become pregnant with a BOY? My cycle days are usually 24days, 25day or atmost 26days, but most times, its 24days. The cycle lasts for 3 days to 5days. As I write this question, I just started my period today ( January 10th 2016) and I really pray to become pregnant; I would not mind a set of male twins.
2. My first delivery was through forcep. I also had a cerclarge in the 5th week of my first pregnancy. I don't want to have a cerclarge in my second pregnancy, what can I do to prevent it? The experience wasn't palatable.
3. Is there any sex position that can help to aid conception for me?
4. How can I know when I am ovulating? I don't seem to see the slippery whitish secretion.
5. Since my period started today, when should I have sex so as to become pregnant with a boy? I need to know. I want to Know.
Thank you for volunteering to render this service. God bless you.
Blessing, 35years, Nigerian.
1. There is no natural method for increasing the chances of either sex, despite what people might say. The only current proven method is to do IVF with genetic testing (preimplantation genetic screening (PGS)) which will then determine the sex of the embryos prior to putting them into the uterus. In that way the appropriate sex can be selected. The chances of twins is high.
2. If a cerclage was required, it is because of a problem known as incompetent cervix. It will always be required with your pregnancies and not doing so would increase the risk of losing the pregnancy prematurely.
4. Use the calendar, basal body temperature or ovulation predictor kit.
5. You cannot plan for a specific sex by timing your intercourse. Sex is determine by which sperm (X or Y) fertilizes the egg.
Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
Monterey, California, U.S.A.
for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com
check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf. Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate. I also now provide an Email Concierge Advisory Service with a 1 year subscription for patients that want easy access to me to answer questions along their journey (women's health, infertility, pregnancy). Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in continuous access to me.