Infertility/Fertility/NO TEMPERATURE RISE 6 DAYS POST HCG TRIGGER SHOT

Question
Dear doctor,I've been reading ur answers to some questions and I feel so impressed,pls I would like u to help clear my confusion.
My period was on feb 4,2016 and on feb 17,I had 4 follicles on my left ovary measuring 36mm,24mm,24mm,23mm. I triggered on that same day with pregnyl 10000IU and had IUI on feb 18(26 hours later) and feb 19(45 hours later).
It's been 6days after the hcg trigger shot and I've not experienced any temp rise which I normally experience 2days post ovulation in other cycles.
Am so confused. Could it be that I didn't ovulate? Or is the hcg shots affecting my temperature?
Pls doctor,help me out with ur experienced answers. Thanks a lot.

Answer
Hello Nneka from the UK,

Your second answer is correct.  You cannot use the BBT to determine ovulation after the fact.  That is, the BBT is used to precede ovulation, not after and the HCG injection will automatically alter that so that the BBT is no longer valid or reliable.

The only way to have determined if ovulation occurred at this point would have been to follow with the ultrasound to see if the follicles disappeared (I usually do an ultrasound after each IUI to see if the follicles are there or not.  This tells me if my timing was correct and how many follicles ovulated) or to do a mid luteal phase progesterone level.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com
info@montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate.  I also now provide an Email Concierge Advisory Service with a 1 year subscription for patients that want easy access to me to answer questions along their journey (women's health, infertility, pregnancy).  Contact me at ejrmd@montereybayivf.com if you are interested in continuous access to me.  

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG