Infertility/Fertility/what does this mean is it bad or good

Question
im on my first round of 50mgs of clomid and have increased cervical mucus and lots of it. Its creamy and i have really bad period cramps i have not had intercourse and i had a hot flash which i think is a side effect ive heard that can happen on clomid is any of this stuff thats happening to me a good thing or bad thing

Answer
Hello Alexa from the U.S. (New York),

This is really a question you should have posed to the doctor that prescribed the medication.  It is their responsibility to inform and educate their patients.

The symptoms you are having are certainly consistent with side effects of Clomid.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program
www.montereybayivf.com
info@montereybayivf.com

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at http://womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate.  I also now provide an Email Concierge Advisory Service with a 1 year subscription for patients that want easy access to me to answer questions along their journey (women's health, infertility, pregnancy).  Contact me at ejrmd@montereybayivf.com if you are interested in continuous access to me.  

Infertility/Fertility

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG