Infertility/Fertility/Pregnancy problem

I'm 32 yrs & my husband is 35 we have been trying to concieve for last 3 yrs we are married for 3 yrs..
We have seen different doctors and have done all the necesary tests for both and as per the doctors all the reports are absolutely normal..
I get regular periods ..
last month Doctor  laproscopy test done
After 25 days, second day of my period he did scanning to the ovaries and he sad left ovary has 65 x 65 mm follicular cyst ...
Now the doctor has prescribed Duoluton L.for 21 days which happens to be a contraceptive!! can you please tell what role will it play in infertility?
I'm desperate to get pregnant...

rakesh suny

Hello Rakesh from India,

If you have an ovarian cyst (6.5 cms), it has to be treated before you can proceed with any fertility treatment.  The first line treatment for a cyst is the birth control pill to suppress it.  If it does not respond the first month, you can repeat it a second month.  If it does not respond a second time, then it has to be removed surgically by laparoscopy, once it has been confirmed not to be a malignant tumor.  It is unlikely to be a tumor because it was not there when you had the laparoscopy done last month.  So, the birth control pill should work.

Good Luck,

Dr. Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center
Monterey Bay IVF Program

Monterey, California, U.S.A.

for additional information check out my blog at check me out on twitter with me at @montereybayivf and facebook @montereybayivf.  Skype and internet comprehensive consultations now available via my website for those who want a more extensive evaluation that this site can accommodate.  I also now provide an Email Concierge Advisory Service with a 1 year subscription for patients that want easy access to me to answer questions along their journey (women's health, infertility, pregnancy).  Contact me at if you are interested in continuous access to me.  

Edward Joseph Ramirez, MD, FACOG

I am a specialist in infertility and advanced gynecological care. I can answer questions about infertility, gynecology related ills, menopause...virtually anything that affects women's health. PLEASE tell me where you are writing from as I am always interested.

I have been practicing as an Ob/Gyn and Infertility Specialist for over 23 years. Gynecology, advanced laparoscopic surgery, basic infertility, IUI's, IVF, reproductive surgery, and ovulation induction are all areas of my expertise. I am Board Certified. I have been doing In Vitro Fertilization in my clinic for 19 years.

American College of OB/GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists,Resolve-National Chapter, Open Path - Northern California, Board of Directors Monterey Medical Society

American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wall Street Journal, Monterey Herald, SERMO, Women's Health and Fertility Blog

Medical Degree from Stanford University, Residency at Tripler Army Medical Center, Reproductive Training at Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco