Information Technology/Biometrics Systems.

Dear Ralf

Do you feel the Social Security Number could be useful in redesigning with adding Biometric identifiers as part of Security measures counterfeiting Identity thefts ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

the Social Security Number (SSN) is just that, a number and an identifier of a data record in a database. Therefore, it will not need redesigning or changing unless the concept or use changes.

What you are thinking of is the process to establish authenticity between SSN and the person claiming to have the SSN.

So the answer to your question would be no.  

Information Technology

Ralf Hack

linux, solaris, programing, C, C++, awk, perl, tcl, prolog, shell scripts, HTTP, IRC (client,server), NNTP, SMTP (sendmail,exim), TCP/IP, security, hardening, image processing, project management,

I have a Msc compatible degree for system engineering and am Sun certified system administrator. I also received training for Perl and Project Management. Lastely, I have been programming for the last 15 years.