Information Technology/Career Help

Question
QUESTION: I am an MCA graduate, As I am not getting enough opportunity to start an IT career, shall I start with a tech support job, and will I be able move to a software job later?

ANSWER: Hello Sara,
It's a big world out there with lots of jobs and lots of people looking for a job. From the description that you gave I do not have enough information to give you specific advise, but I may be able to help with some general advise.
Going for a job in tech support means you will keep your resume intact. Recruiters like to see a resume that is intact because it shows that you are willing to work hard to get somewhere and achieve your goals. A tech support job is actually a good one because you will be able to learn a wide variety of things.
You might find out what other jobs exist in the world this way, jobs you never knew existed. I know I never knew as many jobs that are out there as I now know. Many people are now in a job that they didn't know existed when they left school. When you find something that you are good at or like, this might be a good choice for you. Most of the time it's a combination of both, because you will be able to excel most in a job that you like.
Good luck.

Philip.

QUESTION: Thanks for your response sir.  Actually what I am trying to ask you is that, being an MCA graduate I would love to have a career in IT-Software, but the opportunity to get such a job here quite low. So i want to know whether joining as Tech support engineer in an MNC would help me in jumping to a Software job in the future?

Answer
Hello Saran,
This will surely help. Tech support is a follow up of a value stream from specifications of needs to delivery and then offering service to support the resulting information system. It will help you develop experience in this area that you can later use in software development.
Philip.

Information Technology

Philip Lafeber