Inline Skating and Roller Skating/Blading/Building a skating Rink

Good Day,
I am asking for help and advise on building a roller skating rink in Southern Africa, in a capital city.I would like to know the small to medium size of the rink including the extra spaces to put the game area,the store room,all the areas needed. And how could I go about finding training for me to at least teach my staff to teach customers/clients.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you

Hi Elizabeth,
  This is really not my area of expertise but I can direct you to a couple sites that can possibly help you and at least give you info on who to contact that can actually help you.

Try this web site.  It will give you info along with the Roller Skating Business Resource manual.  It can answer a lot of your questions:

Here is another web site with more infomation for you:

You're best bet would be to read these web sites, write down your questions, then contact someone from the web site or contact someone who has already built a roller rink before.

I'm sorry I couldn't answer your questions......I teach roller skating but have never built a rink.  Good Luck.......I hope you get all the information you need.

Inline Skating and Roller Skating/Blading

Pat Palmer

I feel I can answer most questions regarding the sport. I`m a registered Artistic Roller Skating Coach and have taught at various rinks for over 30 years. I coach competitive dance teams and teach anyone from the beginner skater up and through Gold Medal skaters.

I'm a certified coach and have credentials from both the Roller Skating Association International and USA Roller Sports which is recgonized by the US Olympic Committee.

I am certified through USA Roller Sports and the Rolling Skating Association International