Insurance Law/HIT AND RUN DRIVER

Question
Someone hit my car from behind and fled the scene.Theres no information taken from this person or their car.The matter was reported to the police.My insurance is not helping because I have only comprehensive and all a long I thought I have been paying for full coverage knowing that I have a loan on it.Whats the best thing to do in this kind of situation.Pls help.

Answer
Hi Raphael-
If you didn't purchase your auto insurance with collision coverage, then you wouldn't have coverage for this loss.  If you have a loan listed on your auto insurance policy, then most likely you would have had collision coverage, if you purchased your auto policy from an agent.  If you relied on the bank to provide you coverage, you wouldn't have collision coverage.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Denise  

Insurance Law

Denise